Report child abuse or dependent adult abuse by phone. The statewide hotline
is 1-800-362-2178. The names of reporters of abuse are never made public.
- Child welfare is the state's system of investigating and preventing abuse.
- Leave an unwanted newborn in a safe place.
Protection for dependent adults
- Many adults are dependent on others. The DHS investigates allegations of dependent adult abuse.
Adoption and Foster Care
- Learn how to access adoption records. Learn about becoming an adoptive or foster parent.
- Learn about programs to help older youth in the foster system.